This blog is dedicated to all those living with Rheumatoid, fibromyalgia, and all types of chronic pain. I wanted to find a way to share the realities of this horrible disease and painful life
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Masks and the life of a Spoonie
Being a Spoonie means that we become a master of wearing a multitude of masks. Masks that hide our true identity. Inside we are full of pain, we struggle with the reasons on why we are dealt this life. But we are never really able to unmask our true identity, except to those who see us when we are at our weakest. Those who see us struggle, but can only be a bystanders to the horror we live through. They see, empathize, but never fully understand the how's and whys. I see people live with chronic illnesses differently. I like to think that positive thinking and a specific diet can help your chances of being successful. But not all of the time does this stop a flare from happening. That's when I like to think of myself as an artist. I, myself, try to juggle the most important things first, and then scale it down from there. Lessons...lessons we learn the hard way to let it fall by the wayside. Survival becomes the most important. Everything else is just background noise. Learn to smile when pain is low, learn to lean on your support when pain is high. Life will only go as fast as we allow it to go. C'est la vie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment