This blog is dedicated to all those living with Rheumatoid, fibromyalgia, and all types of chronic pain. I wanted to find a way to share the realities of this horrible disease and painful life
Sunday, August 14, 2016
Hope is more than just a four- letter word
Hope. Hope for a better tomorrow. Hope for a cure. Hope that maybe this disease doesn't get the best of us. Hope that the next time I need to open a door I will have the ability to successfully turn the knob. Because how shameful and embarrassing is it to always ask for help. To stand in front of a door or a jar of sauce knowing that at that precise moment this object has triumphed over me?! I can recall many moments such as these. Moments that typically an average person doesn't deal with. Moments like these that make us who we are...fighters. Sometimes that battle is just harder to fight. Sometimes medications designed to help slow the process have become complacent within our own selves, and instead of helping the disease have become a hindrance. Which is where we circle back to hope. I hope that this disease doesn't get the best of me. I hope that I can help others. I hope that one day there will be a cure. I hope that they will continue to make breakthrough meds to help with pain. But for now, I will cherish my time here on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment