Thursday, January 18, 2018

Modern technologies aren’t all they’re cracked up to be.

Age, modern technologies and medicines, recent advances in trying to find a cure for this disease that keeps rearing it’s ugly head.  We are trying to merely survive in this journey.  I think that merely surviving is not enough, but what other choice do we have.  As I get older, I've learned that happiness is in the small stuff. The small victories that I conquer become the highlight of my week. Recently, I had shoulder surgery, and I never thought that I would be saying this, but I’m still trying to recover. The older I get, the more my body reminds me that it is not easy to bounce back anymore. Now, the disease is spreading to other parts of my body. Disappointment has set in. All of the information Ive read is starting to come true, so now I have to remind myself that my hope is found in the Lord. I watched a movie the other day called “The Case for Christ”, and it went into detail about Christ’s body & suffering during the crucifixion. In retrospect, the suffering that I am experiencing is nothing compared to what Christ had to go through during those hours. Romans 8 reminds us that our suffering is nothing compared to Christ’s suffering.  His body was mutilated, broken, bloodied, bruised....all for me....all for us.  The only thing that I can do is pray that the earthly suffering doesn't steal our focus from what really matters....being His disciple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment