Tuesday, June 13, 2017

My testimony in 3 minutes or less....

Recently I had the pleasure of listening to our youth give their personal testimony in 3 minutes or less.  They said that this testimony impacted their peers on a level that was beyond belief, especially themselves. Seeing the works that the Lord had done was inspiring. So, I thought this would be a great thing to share with my fellow readers....my testimony/ life before salvation, after salvation, and presently. 

As we all know I was raised in church, by a village of church goers. My family is HUGE. I was saved and baptized when I was young, but I strayed from the Lord just as all teenagers do. I was self-centered and angry. I married at a young age and pride ruled my heart. I still attended church and had a half relationship with the Lord. It wasn't until my son's biological father sued me for custody when he was 16 years old. At the same time, I learned that my daughter was suffering with severe depression and self harm. I was BROKEN, but Jesus knew what I needed. Numbers 23: 19.  This was my rock bottom. I was devastated, but the Lord promised me great things for my children.  I rededicated my life and made time each day to spend with the Lord.  The custody case went in our favor, and our daughter slowly got better. Eventually, her story had a rocky beginning but it is getting sweeter by the minute. Presently, I still live with my many autoimmune diseases that are a huge struggle, but I have a great small family to call my own.   We are not prefect, but we have each other. I've learned to set aside time for the Lord, and time to listen to my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment