Another day of life. Another day to call my own, or His own. Today is my birthday. And rather than go out and see the world, the reality is that my true wish is to just stay home. Relax. Be a lazy being, without the need to tackle my support hose. As this year started, I remembered a saying I once saw. "Pain deserves to be felt." As a spoonie, pain is not a stranger. It is present in every second of our existence. Managing the pain, being able to dull our pain and still exist is a challenge. So how do we deal with the pain? Vices. We all have them. Whether it's a routine, yoga, cooking, specific diet, blah blah blah. Yes these are MY vices. But I find that my whole world melts when I am in the kitchen. With a recipe in hand, I can conquer the world...or so I feel that way. So whatever it is that brings you to your happy place, go there. Full steam ahead and a cheesy smile on your face. You see, in this world of disappointments and pain, a smile will always be the most contagious thing you could offer them. Shine on my fellow Spoonies.

No comments:
Post a Comment