In this day in age we look to social media for entertainment, wisdom, and comfort. We often find that life is full of an over abundance of information. Anything you don't know can be "googled". In fact, I've learned a lot about my disease from the web. I constantly am trying to keep myself educated about the latest studies and medications that are surfacing. But one thing I have done more and more this week has been to trust in God's promises. "Do not worry!" That's big for me. Today at work God in His own special way reminded me of that once more. My coworker told me this tale: "we've been going through a rough patch ever since my husband was laid off. So we took out a box of fish patties and on the box it says it had two patties in it. I told him to feed himself and our grandson. I was more concerned about them eating than me. So my husband opens the pack and there were THREE PATTIES! That was only the work of the Lord! He fed the five thousand the same way and he took care of me and my family!" Needless to say I cried. I tell this tale to remind myself that God has this in His hands. I am not to worry about my pain, health, or family. He will provide and sustain.
Matthew 14:13-21
Blessed be.
No comments:
Post a Comment