Brokenness, sadness, pain, suffering...emotions we fight every moment of every day just to keep our head above water. We fight back the tears that are always are on the verge of falling and drop the veil of happiness that everyone expects to see. In a world of entitlement and complacency, servitude has become a forgotten act. It's no longer normal to help a neighbor in a time of need. Instead we lock our doors and watch them suffer through the windows because we don't need to meddle or better yet "they could be crazy!" If there is one thing that this disease has taught me is that I am broken. But it's just a matter of time until this earthly body is no longer broken. So what is one to do? Join a support group? Start a support group ? Educate others about God's promise for our lives? Maybe! But in the meantime, I guess I need to adjust to MY new normal....I will let you know when I figure out what that is! One thing is certain, just as the cactus survives in harshest climate, we too can grab life by the horns and survive! Remember that we have our own means of survival inside of us....but every plant still needs sunlight to grow!

No comments:
Post a Comment